It's time for the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. I am linking up with Wife of a Sailor. It's a great way for Military Spouses to get to visit each others blogs and get to know about each other. Each week Wife of a Sailor posts five questions for us to answer. We post them on our blog, and then go link-up to Wife of a Sailor's blog. Here are the five questions, and my answers this week:
1) Were you named after anyone? I wasn't named after anyone. There are a few names that I was suppose to have, but those names were "stolen" by other women who had their babies before my Mama. My Daddy had some beautiful names picked out for a baby girl. He use to write the names of his future children on a notebook in school. When Mama was pregnant with me there was no way to know if you were having a boy or girl. She had an intuition that she was indeed carrying a baby girl. While she was bathing my sister my name came to her and she asked my sister how she would like to have a baby sister by my name.
2) What color, if any, are your toenails usually painted? My toenails are usually painted two or three different colors in some kind of design. : )
3) How do you flush a public toilet? Hands? Feet? Something else? Oh, I flush that sucker with my foot. I prefer the automatic flushing commodes.
4) When you were a little kid, which TV character did you have a crush on?I had a crush on Scott Baio when he was in Charles in Charge.
5) Let’s say you had to lose one of your five senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell). Which one would you choose? Why? If I had to lose one...and that's awful to think about...it would have to be smell.
I wouldn't want to lose my sight because there are too many peoples faces I adore, and I don't want to miss one moment of them growing up, or growing old.
I wouldn't want to lose my hearing because there are too many peoples voices that I adore, and there wouldn't be much of a world to me without music...I wouldn't know what to do without music...
I wouldn't want to lose my sense of touch because there are way too many things I love the feel of...the way a child's hands fits into mine, touching my husband's cheek when he's smiling at me, the sleeve of one of my favorite sweaters, my kitty cats, my Hello Kitty and Disney Fairies blankets, and hugs...hugs are one of my favorite things in this world. What would a hug be like without the sense of touch?
What would food be like without the sense of taste? I know it wouldn't be the same without a sense of smell either, but maybe I wouldn't eat as much. I don't know!
Well, I said my sense smell, but I just thought about something. I would really miss it when my husband kisses me right after he's just "snuck" some food he wasn't suppose to eat at the time...like peanuts, or Reese's cups...I slyly tell him that I know what he's just been into because I smell it on him, and he slyly tells me that he doesn't know what I'm talking about...I would miss that, but since I have to choose...well, I'm doing without it. I guess that since I could still see that same grin he gives me as he walks away, I'll just have to make him do it in other ways. : )
That's all for this weeks edition. Tune in next time...